November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I've certainly got plenty to be thankful for this holiday season. But what could I say I'm thankful for related to entertainment (and therefore pertinent to this blog)? Well, let's see - I'm thankful that...



  1. the Bourne trilogy ended in such a kick-ass manner.
  2. J.K. Rowling gave us a truly amazing and satisfying book to close one of the greatest series of all time. And the latest movie was great.
  3. in a time where we're all there in spirit with the writer's strike, my favorite reality shows are all going strong - The Amazing Race, America's Next Top Model, and now Project Runway!
  4. The Kara introduced me to the wonder that is Xanadu. Now where are my roller skates? Oh, and MTV gave us a free pass to Legally Blonde, which was also awesome.
  5. my iPod is overflowing with artists that I've fallen in love with this year, like Amy Winehouse and Rihanna.
  6. How I Met Your Mother was renewed for the season and is better than ever.
  7. the fall TV season brought two new shows that I'm loving - Reaper and Pushing Daisies.
  8. Judd Apatow delivered not one, but two hilarious movies this year - Superbad and Knocked Up.
  9. Joyous introduced us to a new obsession - and now we're complete Battlestar Galactica addicts!
  10. I was quoted in the Washington Post Express (for my post in #2 above) - how cool is that?
So that's my list - what are you thankful for this year?

Enjoy your day today with turkey, ham, or your favorite meat substitute!

2 comments:

ScottE. said...

Agreed...some good pop culture to give thanks for.

But I also have to give thanks for Pixar and Ratatouille

Kelly said...

I am thankful for you and the fabulous Scotte taking care of my sister! Hope you had a great turkey day!!