July 10, 2007

Frak Me!

I haven't had many DVD reviews lately, because we've been furiously working our way through season 1 of Battlestar Galactica. It was so worth it.

It may be hard to believe, but this is really one of the best shows going on television (or in this case, video). The plots keep you guessing (perfect for Lost fans like us), the acting is very strong, and it doesn't hurt that there's a whole lotta pretty going on. And nothing keeps you more riveted than the eternal question - who will next be revealed as an evil Cylon?

For the sci-fi-phobes, have no fear. This isn't a show that will make you feel like you stepped into a Trekkie convention. It's really at its heart a political drama, with some healthy doses of action and military intrigue.

Trust me when I say this is something worth checking out. Try the miniseries that started it - if you're not hooked, then your will is stronger than mine!

And so we anxiously await Netflix delivering the first disc for season 2. Oh my gods, it's the summer of Cylons!

* Disclaimer - due to the number of discs we rented, BSG is henceforth exempt from the 25 words or less rule.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a fan of sci-fi, but I'm completely hooked. I'm glad I don't have plans tonight so I can go home and watch the next disc. I'm gladder I have the last 2 discs winging their way to me now. I'm gladdest you guys like it as much as I do.

Anonymous said...

You know what is annoying? When you don't order the FIRST DISC in the series. I have 2 and 3. And Blockbuster has their copies rented for the week. Le sigh.

Selena Kang said...

I'm not a fan of sci-fi either, and I fell for the old, "you'll like it even though you don't like sci-fi" with Firefly and Ender's Game. I know their brilliant in some circles, but I just can't get into it. Do you think Battlestar is better than either of those?

Dancer in DC said...

I haven't seen either one, so I'm not the best one to speak to that. But I can tell you that some friends I know that loved Firefly think that BSG is superior.