March 27, 2007

Bizarro World

Up is down. Right is left. The world has gone topsy-turvy.

I say this, because after watching this week's epsidoe of The Amazing Race, I found myself heartbroken that Teri & Ian were elminated.

Yes, this is the same Teri & Ian who were horrible to each other and everyone else in their own season, and were universally hated. But time changed their attitudes, they seem to have really learned how to treat people (and each other), and they were perfectly nice. Now if only he'd burn that hat...

Meanwhile, perpetual losers Charla & Mirna experienced "the luck of the evil" and finished in first place for the second week running. Seriously, what the hell is up with the universe?

And don't get me started on their accents. Why they think that adopting an Italian accent to speak broken English to residents of Tanzania (where the most common languages are Swahili and Arabic) is beyond me.

3 comments:

ScottE. said...

I betcha they use accents so they can try to fool people into thinking they are not stupid Americans.

Stef said...

I just figured out who Mirna reminds me of -- Mira Sorvino at her most annoying. Blech.

Brunette said...

This season has been so interesting. I'm a relative newcomer to TAR (only started watching season 6), but I've been reading TWOP forever. For years, my mind has been poisoned by forum talk about the hated Team Asshat and the even-more-hated Team Guido. So color me surprised (and a little bit disappointed) when I tune in this season to see these notorious teams behaving themselves! Now I need to get Netflix so I can watch the Flo and Zach season...