November 19, 2006

Why Grey's Anatomy is Even More Awesome

Despite all of the complaints about my beloved shows (see previous posts), I think that one show not only beat the sophomore slump, but IMPROVED in its third season. So I present to you, 5 reasons...

Why Grey's Anatomy is Even More Awesome

1. McSteamy joining the cast as a regular was an inspired choice. Not only is he dreamier than McDreamy, he's also quite the man-whore. And that suits me just fine. Watch out Dr. Bailey - you're next!

2. The show maintains the delicate balance between ratcheted-up tension and silly comedy. Witness the drama of Burke & Cristina's secret showing up in the same episode where an uber-vain man refers to himself in the third person.

3. The return of Izzy! Finally she got off the damn floor and is back in the hospital having fun. I missed her! Let's have more fun with Izzy and Karev, please.

4. I've previously mentioned the fun friendship of Bailey and Addison. Now we have the equally interesting one blossoming between Addison and Callie. Girl power!

5. Keep it gay! Between T.R. Knight coming out, and actually seeing Joe the bartender's relationship with his partner (Walter), Grey's does not shy away from my people. And that is a beautiful thing. Oh, and did you know that Joe has his own blog? Check it out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! I was just talking with someone about how much I love the Bailey, Addy, Callie friendship. It's nice to see them focusing a bit on the more "adult" friendships. I love the interns, but every once in a while it's nice to see the grown-ups as real people too.

And Karev is still the hottest in my book. Stef loves Alex. Alex doesn't know that Stef loves Alex, and it's okay cuz Stef loves Alex and Izzy together. But until Izzy realizes that she loves Alex, Stef will just continue to keep Alex to herself. :-)

ScottE. said...

Can't wait to see what happens next! I love these kids. I love Baily and Addie and Callie...they rhyme.....And McSteamy...but most of all..>George...George get your head out of your rear and get back with Callie...!