February 19, 2007

Catching up with Grey's

OK, let's review where things stand with romantic entanglements at Seattle Grace, shall we?

Addison and McDreamy are kaput for good. Addison is also finished with McSteamy. Except for sex. Can you blame her? And then she did it with Alex, but he doesn't want to admit that he has a thing for her. Also it should be noted that Addie is just incredibly sexy standing around doing nothing.

Meanwhile McDreamy and Meredith are together and facing the big challenges all couples do - like snoring.

Christina and Burke have forgiven each other or whatever and are now engaged. And practically everyone knows except Meredith. And why that even matters, I don't know.

Over in kneejerk land, George freaked over his father's untimely demise, and ran off to wed Callie in Vegas. Also, Callie O'Malley is also the funniest name for a doctor in a very long time. And is there anyone that thinks they'll actually stay together? Doubtful - George seems to be a magnet for relationship angst.

Izzy's fiancee is dead (I think it's weird she even calls him that, but whatev), and she finally cashes the enormous check and opens a free clinic with Dr. Bailey.

And the Chief discovered that his wife (Loretta Divine) is singing the same tune she did in Dreamgirls - they're through. So he becomes the poster dude for Just For Men. And no, it does not look good on him.

Amidst all this chaos, it appears it's only Dr. Bailey that's actually learning anything at this "teaching hospital."

Now that you're all caught up, let's talk about the present issue. Meredith - wanted? WANTED! DEAD OR ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously, is she gone? Can a person actually survive that without brain damage? My guess is no, but in the magic world of February sweeps, she will. After all, she's the name of the show. What are they going to do, rename it O'Malley's Anatomy? Wow, that makes me think of something completely different...

4 comments:

ScottE. said...

You nasty naughty boy..>O'malley's Anatomy! That's funny.

I love Addie....LOVE. She's gorgeous. And Callie...I love Callie to. Dr. Bailey...I want you to be my boss.

Stef said...

I think Grey's swallowed a big crap sandwich for February sweeps. I have *hated* the last 2 episodes. Was anything more annoying than Christina's "Where's Meredith???" panic last week? Oh yeah, Izzy's "I believe in the good in people and like to eat butter." speech. Blech.

I really think all the interesting stuff on the show is happening among the new trifecta of awesomeness - Addie, Bailey, and Callie. Those women rock the world, and it's so great to see strong, independent, smart characters who are able to be neurotic and vulnerable without being cartoon characters. Like the stupid intern girls.

Emily said...

Just had to say that I really enjoyed this re-cap. Very funny!

Is it wrong that I hope Meredith dies?? I can't help it, she just annoys me.

I just heard on NBC's trashy entertainment news show "Extra" (which I NEVER watch ever - wink wink) that ABC is contemplating a spin-off show of which Addison would be the main character. Intriguing! I love me some Addison, but I like her dynamic with the others. I'm not sure how I feel about her having her own show.

Stef said...

From IMDB today:

'Grey's Anatomy' To Get Spin-Off


The ABC network is planning a spin-off of its hit medical series Grey's Anatomy, featuring the character of Dr. Addison Montgomery-Shepherd, played by Kate Walsh. The show's creator, Shonda Rhimes, is preparing a two-hour episode Grey's Anatomy, set to air in May, that would serve as the pilot episode for the proposed spin-off. If the network approves, the show will be considered for spot on the schedule next autumn. An ABC spokeswoman confirmed the plans, but said the plot line for the spin-off was being kept under wraps and no title has been selected. Grey's Anatomy has remained hugely popular in the US ratings since its premiere in April 2005.