Anywho, the premiere got off to a rollicking start, and the best part is that for once a season wasn't Jack-centric for the first episode! Yep, this time it was focused on Hurley, dude. He certainly was screaming a lot, wasn't he? And as usual, we saw some interesting things, and were left with new questions.
- The flash-forward was in full effect right away, which was cool. Now that we have 3 different time lines going on, I think my brain will implode if we see all of them in one episode. Talk about a mindfuck!
- Hurley screamed that he was one of the "Oceanic 6!" We know that Jack and Kate are two of them - who are the other 3? I assume there's at least one more male (Kate's quote in the season 3 finale - "I have to go home, he'll wonder where I am."). Any bets?
- Hurley was also being asked a few times if "they were still alive." What is the secret about the island that the Oceanic 6 don't want people to know about? That more than 6 actually survived?
- Was Hurley just hallucinating, or was that somehow actually Charlie visiting him through some crazy time-space continuum thing?
- Now Hurley has also seen Jacob's shack. Whose eye was that? I think it was Locke's.
- Naomi's not dead! Oh wait, yes she is.
- So now we have two camps - those following Jack to an uncertain future with the "freighter folk" and those who are heeding the warnings of Locke and Charlie. Although I get that Rose feels a certain devotion to Jack, isn't it surprising she wants to leave the island that has healed her?
Here's my question of the week, as my brain is a little fried from all the twists and turns. Setting aside Ben, Alex, Alex's boyfriend and Juliet who are with the Losties, how many of the Others are left, and are any of them people we would remember? Where are they, and what are they doing? Oh - and is Mikhail still alive?
In other news, I did not like Eli Stone. Lame.